Eligibility Requirements for EMDR Europe Accredited Training
In accordance with EMDR European & UK Association Criteria there are criteria laid down as to who can attend accredited training courses due to the powerful nature of this psychotherapy.
You will need to confirm to the EMDR Academy that you meet one of the below criteria before we can accept your booking. We reserve the right to cancel your place if we find you are not eligible to attend.
Mental Health Professionals
Core Mental Health Professionals:
- Clinical Psychologists (Registered with HCPC or Psychological Society Ireland)
- Counselling Psychologists (Registered with HCPC)
- Educational Psychologists (Registered with HCPC)
- Health Psychologists (Registered with HCPC)
- Forensic Psychologists (Registered with HCPC)
- Psychiatrists (MRCPsych, SpR, SHO)
- Registered Mental Health Nurses (NMC)
- Registered Mental Health Social Workers with experience of working clinically in a mental health setting (HCPC)
Counsellors / Psychotherapists
MUST hold accreditation OR have submitted proof that they have had their application approved for provisional accreditation for one of the following professional bodies. Membership alone is not sufficient.
- Association of Christian Counsellors (higher level)
- Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP)
- Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP)
- Clinical & Counselling Psychologists in final year of training are acceptable with letter of recommendation from their supervisor
- Arts Therapists registered with HCPC with mental health training and working within a mental health setting may be accepted but evidence of skills will need to be submitted
- Occupational Therapists registered with HCPC with mental health training and working within a mental health setting may be accepted but evidence of skills will need to be submitted.
- General practitioners, registered with the General Medical Council (GMC), who are experienced in psychotherapy and psychological trauma and are an accredited counsellor or psychotherapist or working towards a psychotherapy accreditation.