Eligibility Requirements for EMDR Europe Accredited Training
In accordance with EMDR European & UK Association Criteria there are criteria laid down as to who can attend accredited training courses due to the powerful nature of this psychotherapy.
All training providers must adhere to the same entry criteria listed below, as set out by EMDR Europe.
You will need to confirm to the EMDR Academy that you meet one of the below criteria before we can accept your booking. We reserve the right to cancel your place if we find you are not eligible to attend.
If you train with another provider but do not meet the entry criteria below, you will not be eligible for Accreditation with EMDR UK and Ireland or EMDR Europe.
If you are unsure if you meet eligibility criteria please email email@example.com before applying for the course.
Mental Health Professionals
Core Mental Health Professionals:
- Clinical Psychologists (Registered with HCPC or Psychological Society Ireland)
- Counselling Psychologists (Registered with HCPC)
- Educational Psychologists (Registered with HCPC)
- Forensic Psychologists (Registered with HCPC)
- Psychiatrists (MRCPsych, SpR, SHO)
- Registered Mental Health Nurses (NMC)
- Registered Mental Health Social Workers with experience of working clinically in a mental health setting (HCPC)
Counsellors / Psychotherapists
MUST hold accreditation OR have submitted proof (email confirmation from the governing body) that they have had their application approved for provisional accreditation.
- Association of Christian Counsellors (Accredited - AC)
- Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP)
- Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP)
- British Psychoanalytic Council
- Clinical & Counselling Psychologists in final year of training are acceptable with letter of recommendation from their supervisor
- Arts Therapists registered with HCPC and working within a mental health setting may be accepted but CV will need to be submitted for review.
- Occupational Therapists registered with HCPC with mental health training and working within a mental health setting may be accepted but evidence of skills will need to be submitted.
- General practitioners, registered with the General Medical Council (GMC), who are experienced in psychotherapy and psychological trauma and are an accredited counsellor or psychotherapist or working towards a psychotherapy accreditation.
Mental Health professionals from countries outside of the UK and Ireland
Are requested to submit a letter from their national EMDR Association agreeing to them undertaking their training in the UK and that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for their country of origin. Please check this link to find your EMDR Association http://www.emdr-europe.org/info.asp?CategoryID=84
Applicants from countries with no national EMDR Association are scrutinized on a case-by-case basis and need to broadly follow our own eligibility criteria, i.e. a mental health professional accredited/registered with a governing body in their own country.